Uma experiência de estágio / trabalho remunerado no área do candidato é a opção mais valiosa se o candidato quer realmente melhorar o seu valor para os futuros empregadores em seu país de residência. Infelizmente, por causa das vagas limitadas e com uma alta demanda de candidatos de todo o mundo, é muito mais difícil de participar nesta opção de programa. As exigências são muito maiores e muitas vezes o candidato deve investir em alguns cursos antes de ser contratado, a fim de ter os requisitos necessários para dar ao empregador motivos suficientes para contrata-lo e remunerá-lo pelo seu tempo de trabalho. Em algumas áreas há mais facilidade de se obter uma posição paga.

Nos EUA, por exemplo, mais vagas estão disponíveis porque os empregadores têm mais dificuldades para preenchê-las com a população local. Essas áreas são Gastronomia e Hotelaria. Os candidatos devem ser, pelo menos, estudantes dessas áreas (Gastronomia, Hotelaria ou Turismo) e / ou, de preferência, ter alguma experiência de trabalho no ramo. O nível de Inglês deve ser intermediário a intermediário avançado. A duração mínima é de 3 meses e máxima de 12 meses.

Nós trabalhamos com Trainee para outras áreas, como: IT, Marketing, Administração de empresas, dentre outras. Entre em contato para mais detalhes.

A colocação leva de 3 a 6 meses. A vantagem deste programa é que você trabalhará em grandes empresas americanas, qualificando a sua carreira profissional e tendo a possibilidade de almejar um crescimento profissional. Abaixo estão listados os requisitos, valores a serem investidos e mais detalhes do processo do programa.

Trainee USA.png



1) As a participant you must:

  • Meet all eligibility criteria of the program.

  • Have and show adequate financial support.

  • Maintain adequate health insurance that includes repatriation and medical evacuation in compliance with the Exchange Visitor Program requirements.

  • Contact the US sponsor upon your arrival in the U.S.

  • Keep the US sponsor informed about your current address and phone number at all times. You must update the US sponsor with the new address within 72 hours in case of moving.

  • Represent your country and the US sponsor with dignity and professionalism.

  • Obtain the necessary endorsements from the US sponsor before you travel outside the U.S. during your program.

  • Participate ONLY at the host company that provided your DS-7002; you MAY NOT have an additional job or change your host company.

  • Attend all orientation and evaluation sessions organized by the US sponsor, your agent, or the host company.

  • Know and comply with all the policies, rules and regulations of the host company, the US sponsor and the US government.

  • Comply with all signed agreements with the US sponsor and the host company.

  • Understand that your host company is not your social director. You are responsible for your own social life, entertainment, and transportation.

  • Contact your supervisor with any problems. If the problem continues, contact the US sponsor.

  • Use the grace period for the intended purposes only.

  • Return home at the conclusion of your program in order to continue your studies and/or pursue a career.

  • Understand that the program is not a way to obtain a permanent job in the U.S. or a way to immigrate.


Failure to abide by any of the rules listed above and in the information provided to you with your DS-2019 may result in dismissal from the program and early return to your home country.

2) Eligibility requirements for the Intern & Trainee Program

  • Have a background in the fields of business, hospitality, engineering, the sciences, or technology.

  • Age between 19-34 years.

  • Comes with the intention of RETURNING TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY after the program is finished and the 30-day grace period is over.

  • Possess high intermediate to advanced English skills. Your English must be of the level to allow you to function well in the program.

  • Bring a minimum of $1,000 cash or traveler’s checks for support during the first few weeks. Many participants find they need $1,500 or more. A credit card is another option. In addition, you must have available a minimum of $2,000 in case of emergency. This emergency money does not need to be in your possession. Verification is required that this minimum amount of financial support is available if needed.

  • Be responsible, self-reliant, cooperative, adaptable, hard working, friendly, adventurous, ambitious, goal-oriented, and respectful. You should also have the full support of your family.

  • Have no criminal record of any kind.

  • Be familiar with, and adhere to, all Training or Internship Program regulations and all US sponsor policies and procedures.

  • Complete and return evaluation forms sent by the sales person/agency.

  • The US sponsor will only sponsor a J-1 Visa status participant. The US sponsor will neither sponsor the participant's spouse or family (J-2 Visa status) to enter the U.S. with him/her, nor sponsor a spouse or family to join him/her after arrival.


2.1) Specific requirements for the TRAINEE Program (J-1 visa with status Trainee)

You must have

  • a degree or professional certificate from a foreign post-secondary academic institution and at least one year of prior related work experience in your occupational field acquired outside the United States

  • five years of work experience outside the United States in your occupational field.


Note: A combination of study and work experience is also allowed. For example: Two years of course in the field and 3 years of work experience in the field, Note: In order to proof work experiences, you need a letter from your (former) employer stating the time/period you worked there and in what position(s).

Duration: 6, 12 or 18 months. Maximum duration of the program is 12 months for Hospitality/Tourism/Culinary candidates and 18 months for business, engineering, the sciences or technology. 
Note: Former J-1 Trainee visa candidates might participate again in the J-1 Trainee program if they have left the US for at least two years.

2.2) Specific requirements for the INTERN Program (J-1 visa with status Intern)


You must be

  • currently enrolled in, and pursuing studies in your occupational field, at a degree- or certificate-granting post-secondary academic institution outside the United States

  • graduated in your occupational field from such an institution outside the United States no more than 12 months prior to your internship program.
    Note: You can do an Internship position outside your field of studies (for example Hospitality) if you still qualify as an Intern & if you write a “letter of intent” explaining why you wish to do a Internship position in the field of Hospitality for example. The letter of intent needs to explain that you have a strong interest to pursue a future career in the Hospitality field if you want to qualify for the Hospitality Internship program.


Duration: 6, 12 months. Maximum duration of the program is 12 months for all candidates. Note: Repeating the Internship program without the 2 year rule to wait is possible. Following example scenario might be arranged: You are a Hospitality or Tourism student in the 4th semester (Example: You need in total 8 semesters to get your degree). Now you put your studies “on hold” for 6 or 12 months and come to the US for 6 or 12 months to receive Training in for example the Housekeeping department. After this period, you return to your home country and continue your studies for example two semesters. Now you put again your studies “on hold” for 6 or 12 months and come again to the US to receive a second Training but this time for example in the Food & Beverage department (during each different training period you need to learn new skills). After this period, you return and finish your studies in graduating. Now you come for another 6 or 12 months period and receive your third Training in for example the Front office department. If you follow a plan like this, you will be very well prepared for a good career in the Hospitality area as you were trained in all important areas of the hotel



The below estimate is based on what normally people need to invest.
Accommodation costs and charges can change depending on what you are willing to accept (type and quality of accommodation). If you want to live comfortably following costs may apply:

Time frame: When applying for the program in signing the contract until around 4 weeks after arrival in the US.

Part 1:


Time when needs to be paid

  • Program fee (Self - Full placement) - US$ 2.400 (self placement) - US$ 3.700

  • When accepting the Trainee position - US consulate appointment booking fee (Around US$ 25)

  • When booking the visa appointment - US consular fee (Around US$ 131)

  • When booking the visa appointment - SEVIS fee (US$ 220)

  • When booking the visa appointment - Student visa fee (Around US$ 40)

  • When applying for the visa - Part 1 - total costs (US$ 3376 - 4076)


Part 2 - needs to be arranged by candidate:

  • Flight ticket - student ticket valid for 12 months (US$ 300 – US$ 900) After the visa was granted

  • Part 2 - total costs (US$ 300 – US$ 900)


Part 3 - needs to be arranged by candidate:

  • Accommodation – example: 2 bedroom shared with 4 people on a 12 months lease


  • Accommodation application fee: US$ 100 – US$ 200 (per person)

After arrival in the US

  • Accommodation deposit: US$ 100 – US$ 300 (per person)

After arrival in the US

  • Accommodation first rent: US$ 300 – US$ 400 (per person)

After arrival in the US

  • Accommodation last rent: US$ 300 – US$ 400 (per person)

After arrival in the US

  • Part 3 - total costs: US$ 800 - US$ 1300


Part 4:

After arrival in the US

  • Pocket money until you get your first paycheck (this can take 2 to 6) weeks

  • Min. US$ 1.000 – for food, fist things for the house, transportation, temporary accommodation until you find an accommodation, car for the first days

  • Part 4 - total costs: min US$ 1000


Total program investment: US$ 4.776 - US$ 7.076


Possible NET income during the Trainee program period of 12 months


Values in US$, Every person earning more than US$ 8000 per year in the US needs to pay min. 18% income tax. Overtime (over 40 hours per week) is paid 1,5 times.


  • Example 1

$10/hr x 40 hours per week

= $400/w x 4 weeks

= $1200/m x 12 months

= $14400/year


  • Example 2

$11/hr x 40 hours per week

= $440/w x 4 weeks

= $1760/m x 12 months

= $21120/year


  • Example 3

$12/hr x 40 hours per week

= $480/w x 4 weeks

= $1920/m x 12 months

= $23040/year

NOTE: We strongly recommend that you pass the American driver license test directly after your arrival in the US and that you buy a car. Cars start from around US$ 1500. This will allow you to find cheaper accommodation possibilities further away from the employer and will give you the possibility to have a more interesting life outside your work. Public transportation outside big cities is very limited. Having a car will allow you to have a richer and more pleasant overall Trainee program experience.